Hey Jude! Thanks for the yummy recipe for Apple Berry Crumb Pie! Got a favorite pie recipe you’d like to share with us? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare a 9 inch pie shell
- Cut up golden delicious apples into slices
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup (or more if desired) of frozen berries (I use the mixture with blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- Gently toss around and place into unbaked shell.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over apple/fruit mixture.
- Top with a crumb mixture (3/4 of a stick of margarine. 1/2 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of flour. cut together with a pastry blender and sprinkle over the apple mixture.)
- Sprinkle top of crumb mix with a cinnamon /sugar mix.
- Bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until crust and topping is nicely browned.
Notes: Cranberries can also be used instead of the berries. Also, another tasty tip not a pie but when making homemade applesauce, throw in a handful of fresh cranberries. Makes a pretty and tasty addition to your holiday meals.