- If you shovel, snowplow, snow-blow, or whatever means you use to clear your driveway, you are NOT allowed to push it into the street, that creates a hazard for drivers. You can get ticketed for this.
- Be sure to keep a safe distance between your car and the one in front of you. No matter how slow they’re going. Be safe.
- Gas up your car and fill up your windshield washer fluid.
- Clean off your car! Don’t just make “peep holes” you need to clean off your windshields (front and back) mirrors, headlights and taillights. Don’t put other drivers at risk because you were being lazy. Clean off that car!
- If you can get a snowplow to do your driveway, do so. It’s much safer than trying to shovel the driveway. If you do shovel, dress in layers, be comfortable, don’t overexert, take breaks as needed.
- Check on your elderly neighbors, make sure they’re comfortable and have what they need. (good to do all year)
- This is one of the most important things I can think of. PLEASE don’t leave your pet outdoors! That’s cruel. If your neighbor leaves their dog outdoors please call the Humane Society. If you can’t bring your dog indoors then please find another home for your dog.
(Photo credit should read KENA BETANCUR/AFP/Getty Images)